Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Art of Empire State of Mind Parodies


Warning - Some content may be NSFW

I have recently become an avid consumer of localized parodies of Jay Z and Alicia Key's "Empire State of Mind" - of course as a New Yorker, I give props to the original:



From what I understand, the first widely-recognized take-off came not from New York, but from the home of my childhood summer camp, New Hampshire - with Granite State of Mind:



Next came the original shout-out from my current home county on Long Island, Suffolk State of Mind:



And then the now-classic representation of the Five Towns area of my native Nassau County which confirms stereotypes I didn't even know existed:



And to top them all off, the reinterpretation of Suffolk's mental situation which corrects the mistakes of the original and answers every claim of Nassau's anthem on its way to being designated as "Official":

1 comment:

  1. We got more Japs then a Tokyo drift race.HA HA

    Nassau may have the best Cream cheese and bagels, but our girls do anal! LOL

    ReplyDelete