Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Got a Mac - and the World is Still Spinning!




Thanks to the thoughtfulness and generosity of my co-workers, I am now the proud owner of a MacBook Air. It's pretty sweet. I am getting the hang of OSX and have managed to join my Windows Active Directory (helpful article on this here), install Office 2011, sync up my Outlook, and now create a blog post. So far, so good - the Air is quick and responsive, even with several programs running (and installing) simultaneously. The construction and design are phenomenal - it really doesn't feel much heavier than my iPad.

As a PC user for over 20 years, I never thought I would be using a Mac. The iPhone, then iPad, slowly won me over, and with the compatibility of most of the applications I use on both platforms, its definitely a good time to take the plunge. Once Starcraft 2 finishes installing over the network, I'll really be able to give this thing a shakedown. More to come as I learn the details of what it can do.

So, hell hasn't frozen over, and I am on a Mac, and to be completely honest, I am loving it. It's warm and sunny here in Steve's Reality Distortion Field.  I guess it was inevitable since the first day I was inspired by the cogent logic and elocution of Ellen Feiss:

2 comments:

  1. What flavor Kool-aid is Steve handing out these days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Dark Side! I'm thinking there's little chance my next laptop isn't a Mac whenever I can justify it. If I could only get something for that Tablet PC!

    ReplyDelete